|Play Lycos CyberSurfari '99 Today...
Learning About Leonardo holds a clue that will help
unlock a treasure chest containing more than
$100,000 in cash and prizes for participants
of Lycos CyberSurfari '99, the Internet's
largest treasure hunt. Running from Oct. 21
to Nov. 21, the month-long online contest
made possible for the fifth year by the
Software Publishers Association (SPA) is
designed to help students, teachers and
families learn how to benefit from surfing the
Web. Learning About Leonardo serves as
one of 100 outposts - the sites participants
must search to reveal clues. Outposts are
selected to represent a broad spectrum of
leading educational, cultural and
"Learning About Leonardo is proud to serve as an outpost for Lycos CyberSurfari '99," said Steve Feld, Head Coach of the Learning About Leonardo project, "The contest reflects our commitment to increasing the number of students and adults accessing the Internet and making their online experience as rich as possible. We are confident that many of the thousands of treasure seekers who visit our site for the first time during the contest will return to enjoy our content for years to come."
- Edmonds School District #15
- University of New England Masters of Science in Education
Current Issues in Education EDU 570 Web Resources
- American School of Guadalajara
Educational Technology Resources Internet Activities
- Herramientas educ@net Arte Lima-Perú
- Favorite Links Istanbul Turkey
- Paul VI High School
Highway Access - Historical Biographical
- Aquinas Mercy Geography and Travel Resources Italy
- Reading Images Project
- Vienna International School Technology Department Links for Activities Grade 6
- Denn alles Fleisch Germany
- Links Interesse CPS Service Napoli, Italy
- Techie Mundo Cyber Site Do DiaFebruary 1997 Brazil
- Terre Vista Lista de Menus Portugal
- A Homeschool in Toronto Educational Fun Sites
- Idea Net Cybersite of the Week
- em Technologies Arts and Music
- Newark Public Schools Reference
- Mountain Grove Teacher Resources Art
- Great Scientists and Inventors Links
- Reference Resources for Art Librarians
- Unified Arts K-2 Music News
- Deer Creek Public Schools Oklahoma K-12 Ms. Schafer's Art Links
- Cool Spots - Art4 Kids.ORG
- HotBot Reference K-12 Art Site recommendations
- Kid's Exchange Wendy Hogan About.Com
- Morning Journal Kids Corner Artists
- Bev's Baubles Web Sites for Teachers
- Eastern Lancaster County Public Schools
- North Polk High School Curriculum Links
- Pinewood Elementary - Picture Parent Leonardo da Vinci
- University of Berkeley, California Museum of Paleontology
- Fourth & Fifth Grade Student Resources Art and Music
- Look Fine Student Projects
- CableCom Educational Archive Art/ Music / Games
- Kids Art Hot Links to Some Great Internet Sites
- Web Sites for Educators Projects and Curriculum Links
- CFOX Geek of the Week January 8 1999
- ArtTALK Free Gallery Web Sites
- Benny GoodSport Explore the Web Educational Resources
- Deaf Watch Awards Newsletter
From: "Risinger, C Fred"
Cc: "SHIROMA, DEANNE SAERO"
Subject: RE: Site Recommendation
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 17:07:23 -0500
Thanks for sending the information. I've checked out the website and we will definitely put it on our site...and consider it for website of the month. It's superb! Congratulations on putting it together.
C. Frederick Risinger, Director
Office of Professional Development, School Services, and Summer Sessions
Coordinator, Social Studies Education
Coordinator, Master of Arts in Teaching Social Studies
Director, National Clearinghouse for US-Japan Studies
School of Education, Indiana University, Bloomington
(812) 856-8582 (812) 856-8518 (fax)
www.indiana.edu/~profdev/ (Professional Development) www.education.indiana.edu/~socialst/ (Social Studies) www.indiana.edu/~japan/
"Moderation in all things."
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 05:15:29 -0500 (CDT)
From: Pat Moore
To: Steve Feld
Subject: Re: Site Recommendation
Thank you for bringing your site to my attention. I am going to add a >link from my History and Biography page.
I am very impressed with the variety of both style and information on your pages. Pat
Patricia Moore, Media Specialist
North Polk Jr. Sr. High School
Alleman IA 50007 email@example.com http://www.n-polk.k12.ia.us/Pages/Departments/media/MediaCenter.html
***** "It isn't that they can't see the solution. It is that they can't see the problem."
--G. K. Chesterton
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 11:15:38 -0400 Subject: Re: Site recommendation Learning About Leonardo From: "Gregg Downey"
To: firstname.lastname@example.org CC: Dennis Pierce
I'll pass your message along to the editor of Netwatch, where we cite notable web sites.
Gregg W. Downey
Editor & Publisher
Tele. 301-913-0115 x 107
Address: 7920 Norfolk Ave., Ste. 900
Bethesda MD 20814
web: http://www.eschoolnews.com ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Make your plans now for: SCHOOL TECHNOLOGY MANAGEMENT 2000
Blueprints, Tools, & Practices for the 21st Century School Leader
October 17-20, 1999, Omni Shoreham, Washington, DC
visit http://www.eschoolnews.com/stm2k for more details
School Technology Management 2000 is co-sponsored by Dell Computer Corporation, with additional support from Symbol Technologies, FamilyEducation Network, and JDL Technologies. Education supporters of the conference include the CEO Forum on Education and Technology, the National Association of Partners in Education (NAPE), the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the Association of State Directors of Special Education (NASDSE), the National Middle School Association (NMSA), and TECH CORPS.
Please sign our guestbook.
We would love to hear from you.
April Accolades I May Miracles
Jubilant June I July Jewels I July Jewels Part II
Email Steve Feld