1. social customs which they enjoy at certain times (weddings, holidays, celebrations such as births and new jobs).
3. adding pleasure to a meal or get-together.
4. escaping from problems.
B. Teenagers drink for a lot of the same reasons that adults do, but there are also other reasons teens give for drinking, such as:
1. to feel more adult.
2. as an act of rebellion.
3. for experimentation.
C. There are many reasons that people begin to misuse alcohol, for example:
1. escaping pressures, problems, or relieving stress.
2. changing a bad self-concept.
3. forgetting loneliness.
4. boosting self-confidence.
5. masking unsatisfactory personal relationships.
D. Some people make a choice not to drink because:
1. they don't like the taste.
2. of their religious beliefs.
3. they are fighting alcoholism.