Pieces of the Past
Riverbend Tree Museum
2. John J. Pershing (of WWI fame) oak from gravesite, Arlington National Cemetary
3. William Jennings Bryan oak from his gravesite
4. Johnny Appleseed apple tree from one he planted in Lima, OH
5. Abner Doubleday oak from gravesite, Arlington National Cemetary
6. John F. Kennedy sycamore from his birthplace in Brookline, MA
7. George Rogers Clark catalpa from his last home in Louisville, KY
8. Charter oak from Hartford, Conn. from tree in which charter was hidden
9. Washington tulip poplar from a tree that he planted in 1785
10. Bunker Hill oak from Boston
11. Admiral Wm. "Bull" Halsey oak from his grave in Arlington National Cemetery
12. Eisenhower catalpa from his last home in Gettysburg, PA
13. Medger Evers oak from his gravesite
14. Charles Lindbergh crab apple from his home in Hopewell, NJ
15. Laura Ingalls cottonwood from tree planted on the day of her birth.
16. Casey Jones willow from last home in Jackson, Tennessee.
17. Sullivan Brothers crab apple at the U.S. Capital building in Washington D.C.
18. Davy Crockett boxelder from his birthplace new Limestone, TN
19. Gen. Sherman maple from Ft. Duffield (First Command) in West Point, KY
20. Alexander the Great kremlin ash from Alexander's garden across the street from the Kremlin
21. Wright brothers walnut from their airfield near Dayton, OH
22. Joan of Arc willow from her birthplace in Oomremey, France
23. Gen. Jonathan Wainwright redbud from his grave in Arlington National Cemetery
24. Moon sycamore from seeds taken to the moon in NASA experiment.
25. Hippocratic Oath sycamore from Medical school in Mederver, Turkey
26. Jefferson golden rain tree from Mentcello
27. Col. Sanders (KFC) ash from his home in Shelbyville, KY.