1. Make a daily plan or "to do" list helps your organize your busy day. Making a list helps you keep track of items so that you don't have to waste energy thinking about all the thinks
you should do doing.
2. Most students have to balance their lives with multiple commitments to family, work friends,
community and school activities, and school work. But you must realize it is okay to negotiate
your time in each area of your life to bring all your various roles into balance. Balance your
time from week to week so that you can handle your responsibilities.
3. Regular exercise helps strengthen your physical and emotional system to withstand stress.
Exercise increases the present of a natural brain chemical endorphins that makes you feel better. A "runner's high" is the result of increased endorphins.
4. Make sure you get enough sleep. Too much activity and not enough sleep prevents your body
from staying in balance.
5. Laugh a lot. When your in a really stressful situation ask yourself this question "If the thing
that is causing stress will seem so important in five years?" Most likely the stress will fade away
so laugh and stop worrying.
6. Give yourself "Time Out" just to relax. The time doesn't have to be long, maybe a half hour
to hour but let yourself have this period just for yourself. You deserve it.
7. It's okay to say "no" to family and friends when your to busy. Don't get caught in the
"Superwoman" or "Superman" trap, decide for yourself what your priorities are important.
8. Wishing you could change the past or that things could be different is an emotional trap.
Trying to change your friends and family is not possible. Accept others for whom they are, and
just concentrate on making yourself the best person you can be.
9. If you can relax or sleep you should seek to find the cause of your sleeplessness and address
the problem directly. Admit you have a problem and then seek advice and help.
10. Using alcohol to reduce stress is just not cool. Alcohol is a depressant , not a stimulant. Work out your problems in healthy ways by exercising and talking with people who care about you.