Lots of work and time went into making this site what it is. Please put your hands together(128K wav) for the people who made and helped make this site. First off, the team:
Main duties: programming, putting everything together, bothering everyone else to keep working
Quote: COMMAND (noun): A plea made to a computer
If you have comments or suggestions, or just want to bother the team, e-mail Kevin at (link disabled).
Main duties: math and math/physics explorations, most of the final exam questions
Quote: The world is a mess. Its our fault, we should try our best to fix the problems.
Main duties: graphics (including that guy at the left), art explorations, some final exam questions
Quote: If the world is a stage, then I'm Mickey Mouse
Next, the coaches, who spent countless hours going over various parts of the site and guiding the team throughout:
Dr. Arlene Riegel
Dr. Riegel teaches math at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School in Scotch Plains!
Mrs. Dianne McKenna
Mrs. McKenna teaches math at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School in... you guessed it--Scotch Plains!
Continuing on, we'd like to thank Kristen Beauregard of Stats, Inc for helping us obtain the NBA and WNBA statistics we needed, and the NBA for allowing us to use the NBA, WNBA, and team logos.
Also, we'd like to thank the many people who tested the site and gave us suggestions as to how to improve it, listed here in no order whatsoever: Helen Gorina, Yelena Kogelman, Alex Grinberg, Michael Giberman, Michael Terner, Irina Terner, Tony Sharfman, Robert Levin, Dmitry Grinberg, Alan Bochman, and Robert Roglev.
And of course, we'd like to thank the League for providing such a wonderful subject, and the Mayans for inventing basketball's great-great-grandfather.
As in the case of all projects, not all work is 100% ours: below is a list of things that the team didn't do and materials we used for major research:
- Some sample problems and research were taken from the book "Geometry"--Scott, Foresman, by Arthur Coxford, Zalman Usiskin, and Daniel Hirschhorn. Copyright (c) 1993, 1991. Scott, Foresman and Company, Glenview, IL
- The HTTP Cookie Library, Formmail, Guestbook, Counter, Search, and WWWBoard scripts were taken from a free archive of scripts by Matt Wright at http://www.worldwidemart.com/scripts/ (anyone who's learning CGI should check it out, it's a great site to find scripts to learn from!)
- The file upload script was taken (and then extremely modified by Kevin) from a free archive by Jeff Carnahan at http://www.terminalp.com/scripts/
- The Webtester script (not used in the publicly accessible portion of the site, but used nonetheless) was taken from a free archive of scripts by Darryl Durgdorf at http://awsd.com/scripts/
- The statistics on this site are courtesy of Stats, Inc: Copyright 1997 by STATS, Inc. All rights reserved. Commercial distribution without expressed written consent by STATS, Inc. is
- The NBA/WNBA and team logos on this site are courtesy of the National Basketball Association: NBA/WNBA and team logos are the exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.
This site is best viewed with Nescape Communicator
A note from the team: in case anyone has any questions about using/stealing content from this site, here's some information you might find useful. This site is copyrighted. Just because it doesn't have a notice on it doesn't mean anything. So are the scripts that were made by the Team. You may not use them or any other part of this site anywhere in any form without written permission from the team. Don't worry however, we'll most likely give you the permission if you e-mail us at email@example.com, but we do want to know where it's used. Also, linking to this site would be greatly appreciated, especially if you tell us about it. For more information on copyright, visit "10 Big Myths about copyright explained".
[an error occurred while processing this directive]