Do you know this logo? Chances are you do. It's the famous NBA logo, and shows exactly how a good logo should look. There are several things you should remember when designing a good logo:
1) a basic shape such as a circle, a triangle, or a square.
2) Let the letters go out of bounds--strive for a bold look
3) Make sure you stick with the theme (ex. If the name you choose is THE WHALES include something related to whales)
4) Make sure the picture is easy to understand. Remember, the point is simplicity.
5) Make sure the two colors contrast sharply with each other. It's a good idea to limit yourself to black, white, and the three primary colors
A good example is the New York Knicks logo: The Knicks logo rests on a triangle. In the middle is a basketball, above which is the word "Knicks", which goes slightly out of the borders of the triangle. The only colors used are orange, blue, and gray. Thusly, the New York Knicks logo exemplifies the best qualities of logo design.
NBA/WNBA and team logos are the exclusive property of NBA Properties, Inc. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved.[an error occurred while processing this directive]