8.2 LOSE WEIGHT & STOP WASTING FOOD CHALLENGE
Lose Weight & Stop Wasting Food Challenge
Youths are at a stage in their life where they like challenging assumptions and desires respect and recognition. That being said, youths are adventurers in general. Making use the adventurous characteristic of youths, we hope to motivate youths to step up to learn more about the world, as well as make a difference. The fact is, challenge can sometimes bring out the best of students, due to pressure and their personal desire to emerge as the champion.
Why make use of “Losing Weight”?
Many youths or in fact people in the world are facing weight control problems. Some feel the need to lose weight but cannot find the determination or motivation to lose weight. And we provide these people a motivation to lose weight! With the thought that losing weight can actually help to benefit someone else apart from yourself, people can find a greater inner force to move towards their small goals of weight loss and find bigger selves for a great cause.
Why make use of “Stop Wasting Food”?
Many people in the developed countries have habits of not finishing their meals. Some overestimate the servings they can eat, while some are just lazy to clear the plates. We provide a solution for these people as they can challenge themselves to get rid of this bad habit. Wasting food and cherishing food are two polar opposites. World hunger requires people to cherish food and hence we want to change the habits of people who waste their food and make them realize that they are fortunate to be having enough food to fill their stomachs. Hopefully through advocating this message, people will start cherishing food and be convinced that their actions can make a difference to those who are in need.
How does this Challenge work?
1. Click on the link on this page to our YouTube video
2. Like our FACEBOOK page
3. Pledge to take up the challenge
4. Challenge yourself for a week & keep a record
5. Visit our FACEBOOK page again
6. Check if you have succeeded or FAILED
If you failed the Challenge:
• Go to freerice.com and answer the academic questions such that you “repay” the number of grains of rice you exceeded or failed to finish.
• Print-screen the number of grains you have collected/repaid and post it on our FACEBOOK page. You can find our Facebook page on the “Contacts” page of this project.
• Constantly post on our page and see if show that you have improved! You can also compete with other visitors to see who managed to fulfill the challenge for the longest!
If you won:
• Continue to challenge yourself! Don’t stop!
• Publish a post on our Facebook page and state how you managed to win the challenge and for how long did you sustain your record.
• The top winners get to be on our “Honors Roll”
What do you get from pledging yourself to this challenge?
1. Individual benefits (Lose weight and get rid of your bad habits)
2. Help the bigger community!
3. Make more friends and extend your social network
Go Visit our YouTube Channel for Videos!
Simply click on the link below: