Limitations of the Project
Due to constraints on time, the Team could not complete the objectives that we had set for the project when we first started working on it.
Our journey sailed smoothly till we started performing experiments on the fruit peels. Lemons proved to be the problem. The experiments were performed in the middle of August, a rainy time for the country. As a result, the moisture led to the lemon peels getting fungus. We plan to continue experimentation in the approaching summer so that we can further document our research results.
The idea of using fruit peels as water purifiers is restricted only to the domestic level at present. A step needs to be taken to incorporate this into the mainstream methods of water purification. This would involve further research and innovation of environment friendly commercial tablets made using fruit peels which could be used on an industrial level. This initiative needs to be taken by either the government or the private sector as it requires both skill and resources.
As school students, we were also limited by our overly protective mothers who were not comfortable with the idea of expanding our case study beyond our city. However, we aim to continue our endeavours even after the completion of the project.