Zeroes to Heroes
The objective of this project is to create a movement that can help put an end to violence. The overall plan for the project is to define violence and create a series of activities to create aweareness in the school and the community around it with plans to branch out. The students will carry out a plan to promote civil awareness on how, we common citizens can become heroes.
1. Define and research the subject of the project by doing surveys through different tools like web 2.0 and thinkquest.
2. Launch the project by handing a commitment that will be signed by the people that wish to join the movement. (once the purpose of the project is explained)
3. Bring speakers that know about the topic or have experienced and survived violence. Students will ask questions to our speakers using the Thinkquest Ask Me too.
4. Have students participate in learning activities about violence prevention.
5. Put up an anti-violence campaign in collaboration with other teachers with hand outs, posters and class activities.
6. Analyze the data to create a conclusion on the findings of the project. In it we measure if students have learned with the use of voting tools, debate,electronic educational games,and message boards.
7. Closing the project by solidarizing with a t-shirt against violence and presenting the results to the students of the school.
The key resources we will use are: technology, such as Thinkquest tools, digital cameras, laptops, Web 2.0, Internet and others. Human resources such as teachers, students and community members.
The 21st century skills applied will be: Critical Thinking, Creativity, Teamwork, Communication, Technology and Self direction.
The project will first impact the students of the project by developing in them new social, research, analitical, oraganizational and writing skills as they work as a team with the community. The school will participate in a series of activities that makes them think about the dangers of not getting involved against violence creating in them a sense of civic duty. The community around the school and more will be signing commitments that require them to talk to others against violence starting a multiplier effect and finally the world will be impacted thanks to the internet and livestreaming, products of this project as well as the end result will continue to spread there will be less violence in the world.
The project's essential problem, question or issue:
How can we create awareness in students and their communities to help decrease violent behavior in Puerto Rico?
Category: Social Sciences & Culture > Conflict Resolution