Activity with students from I-V grade
Materials for students from I-Vth grade
Dramatization on theme “Change your habits – Save Energy”
Exercise 1: Games: “Memory” and “Connect Correctly”
Exercise 2: Technique – Brainstorm
Why is it important to save energy at home?
- Which methods for saving energy I’ll apply at home?
CHANGE your habits - SAVE ENERGY
Angela J : Hello kids! Are you ready to answer to a very easy question?
Students : Yess :)
Angela J : Where is the light that is brightening our classroam in the moment coming from?
Students : It's coming from the sun.
Angela J : Yes, exactly! The Sun gives us light, heat and energy. The plants absorb the light from the Sun and with its help they grow. Then we eat the plants so we grow too.
Angela P : But, kids what happens when the Sun goes down? There's no light and there's no warmth... It's dark and it's cold! What do we do then?
Students : We switch on the lights and we turn on the warming.
Angela P : That's true! What kind of energy do they use?
Students : Electricity.
Monika D : Yes, that's true! Angela, let tell them that the electiricy we use in mainly is got from the coal and the petroleum. And they are often wasting in big quantities and there's a big possibility when we'll abults there will be no energy. Just imagine kids, what would we do without electricity..?!
Angela P : But...there's one more big problem. While getting electicity from the coal and the petroleum, the environment is polluting a lot and the whole planet. That's why we need to be careful when we use the energy. Are you ready to save energy too?
Students : Yees!!!
Angela J : I have an idea! The biggest saver of energy in our school is Shtedlivko. Would you like to call him to tell us how we can save energy?
Students : Yeees!!
(Vlado comes in the classroom)
: Hello kids! I'm Shtedlivko - the biggest energy saver and protector of the environment. Are you ready to know how do I save energy?
Vlado: Well here are some ways for saving energy that I'm using them:
- First when the weather is sunny do not switch on the lights. That's the simplest way for saving energy. Switch on the lights when you need them, and the one who last leaves the classroom should turn off the lights!
- Second, if you don't use the computers.. turn them off!
- If the warming is turned on, close the doors and the windows. Ventilate shortly with wide open window or door. Using this way you'll keep the heat in the classroom.
- Big part of the waste that you throw like the paper and the plastic can recycle. And that means that from the old papers and plastic can be remade new products. Then, it's wasted less energy. Therefore, collect the waste on special place, the plastic bottles in special ash bin for plastic, by the way there is one ash bin for plastic in the school yard, and collect the papers in a special place that you'll choose it with your teacher.
That's all, kids. Who is ready to join me in saving energy? And what are we going to get from that? Safe, clean and wonderful nature for living where we'll grow up, we'll be happy and where we'll hang out with everyone :) Thank you.
|The students were actively included in the dramatization.||Shtedlivko (Energy Saver) taught them excellent methods for saving energy.|
"Memory" game rules
The game memory is played with 12 cards. There is text on six of them and on the other six there are pictures. The players should conect the appropriate card with text to the one with picture. The goal is to collect as many pairs of cards. The player who collects more cards is the winner. :)
|The students learnt new important things about saving energy.||They had really fun playing this game.||They verified their previously gained knowlege.|
"Connect correctly" game rules
The game memory is played with 4 cubes . On all of the cubes' sides there are diferent parts of pictures. The players should place the cubes that way the cubes will represent a complete picture. :)