illiam Howe, a British general, led his troops in the Battle of Bunker Hill. Howe succeeded Thomas
Gage as commander of the British army in America. He came out victorious in the Battles of Long Island, White Plains, and Brandywine. He failed to defeat the Americans
however, and Sir Henry Clinton succeeded him.
- He was the general that ordered the execution of Captain Nathan Hale. Who has now become a Martyr
- this isn't really a fact it's basically my opinion I think all soldiers are heroes because they simply fought for their contries. there fore I truly respect them!
- His brother, Viscount Howe, led the Royal Navy aginst the knavish rebels.
---C. Griffiths, U.K.
- He willfully permitted and then covered up the murders 12,000 soldiers and sailors in New York prisons and prison ships.
---Cape Cod Genealogy
- He and his brother Richard tried to bring peace between the Colonials and the BritishHe was a family man and a man of influence.He was the illegitimate son of King George.He married into the Spencer family.(Princess Di's herritage)He was my 4th great grandfather.
---T. H. Challis
created by the Patriots 1997 for the Thinkquest Contest