homas Jefferson, a politician, philosopher, educator, and architect, was a member of the First and Second Continental
Congress. He wrote and signed the Declaration of Independence in 1776. He held clandestine meetings to draft the document so that guards in the area would not arrest him.
- Jefferson designed his own estate, Monticello. He owned so many books, that he created a library with them.   ---Anonymous
- was a total hypocrite. Against head government doing things w/out votes (but he bought loisiana territory w/out)
- He owned slaves
- Thomas Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence.
- "We are all Republicans, we are all Federalists"
- Born 1747; Died July 4, 1826, (50th anniversary of the signing of the Declaration of Independence) the same day that John Adams died. Adams & Jefferson had been political opponents but in their later years maintained an interesting correspondence that indicated their mutual respect and admiration while still holding some differing political attitudes.
created by the Patriots 1997 for the Thinkquest Contest