ohn Hancock was among the political leaders
who believed that if anything was going to be done about the British then he would be the man to do it.
John Hancock was a member and president of the Continental Congress, and he was the first to the Declaration of Independence. He later became governor of Massachusetts for nine years.
- John Hancock was educated at Harvard and trained for business in London.
- John Hancock was born 1737 and died in 1793 after becoming a great leader in the Revolutinary War
- John Hancocks parents died when he was 7. And moved with his uncle.
- John Hancock was a smuggler.
- John Hancock was a member of the sons of liberty
- Made his signature on the Declaration large enough so that "King George can read it without his spectacles".
created by the Patriots 1997 for the Thinkquest Contest