Baron von Stueben
aron von Stueben
crossed the Atlantic Ocean to America from Germany to drill Washington's troops.
Stueben taught the American militia many European military formations as well as
other strategies of war. Within only a few days, Washington saw a considerable improvement
in the coordination, awareness, and knowledge of his soldiers.
- Baron Friedrich von Steuben was a great German officer YEAH,COWS RULE!
- Baron Friedrich von Steuben was a great German officer
- The german luxuary liner "Von Stueben" was captured in NY Harbor at the outbreak of WW1 and was converted to an American Troop Ship and made numerous crossings of the Atl.
- In 1779 he argued about training techniques with George Washington and was fired on the spot.
---Billy Bob Thorton
- Our ranks will strike against all oppressors
---The Shadow Fist
- Steuben gave the U.S. Millitary their first real training in the winter of VAlley Forge in 1978
- He was born in Magdeburg in 1730.
- Stueben wrote the "regulations of for the Order and Discipline for the Troops fo the United States" this is still being used today in the millitary system.
- Von Steuben sailed for America and arrived at Portsmouth, N.H. in 1778 to aid the American millitary in it's fight for independence W.C.A.
- Died in 1794. He was buried in New York in Stueben county, with a bronze plack of memorie of all that he had done for our contry.
created by the Patriots 1997 for the Thinkquest Contest