enjamin Franklin, a printer, philosopher, scientist, author, patriot, impeccable husband, and
citizen, entered politics around the age of 50. He negotiated French support for the colonists in their attempt to win independence. He also
signed the Treaty of Paris (1783), the document which brought the war to an end by making peace between England and America. Franklin later went on to help
draft the Declaration of Independence.
- Franklin invented the lightning rod, bifocals, stove and many other beneficial innovations.   ---Anonymous
- He invented the printing press and a xylophone also.
- Ben was the founder of the first fire insurance company!
- If you would not be forgotten,as soon as you are dead and rotten,either write things worth reading,or do things wroth the writing.-Benjamin Franklin-
- Benjamin Franklin's grandfather was a Quaker living on Nantucket Island.
- Franklin said, " We must indeed all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."
- Franklin was born in Boston 1706. He published' "Poor Richard's Almanak H established the College of Philadelphia ( now the University of Pennsylvania).
- Franklin helped edit the Declaration of Independence
created by the Patriots 1997 for the Thinkquest Contest