When you study Chemistry you would probably have to do experiments. It is important to know what you're doing as to avoid doing something silly like poisoning yourself or blowing up the lab!
Therefore you should first read and understand the below rules about working and behaving in the laboratory before doing any experiments.
*you should also note that in the first level of our career game you would have to pass a basic laboratory safety test before going onto the next level.
1. Never enter the laboratory unless a teacher is present.
2. Never run or play in the laboratory.
3. Never remove anything from the laboratory without your teacher's permission.
4. Never use your bare hands to transfer chemicals. Use a spatula instead.
5. Never leave experiments unattended.
6. Never smell gases directly - fan a little of the gas towards the nose instead.
7.Never look directly down the test tube or poing the mouth of a test tube towards anyone when heating.
8. Never taste anything without your teacher's permission.
9. No eating or drinking in the laboratory.
10. Never put solids in the sink.
11. Always follow strictly the instructions given.
12. Wear safety glasses whenever necessary.
13. Always read the label on a reagent bottle carefully to make sure it contains the chemical you want. Put the bottle in its original place immediately after use.
14. Always handle flammable liquids with great care and keep them away from naked flames.
15. Always handle concentrated acids and alkalis with great care.
16. Report all accidents and breakage to your teacher. If any chemicals get onto your skin or clothing, wash the affected area with a large amount of water and then report it to your teacher.
17. Always adjust the Bunsen burner to give a luminous flame when not using it (or just simply turn it off)
18. Always tie up your tie or long hair.
19. Always wash hands after experiments.
20. Don't eat anything you find in the laboratory or in the laboratory freezer!