EPZs in India
Approvals:100% EOUs/EPZ Units
- The imported capital goods are not second hand and are financed through
foreign equity or constitute not more than 50% of the total value of plant
and equipment, subject to a ceiling of Rs.30 million.
- The foreign technology agreement, if any, entered into by the unit,
is restricted to a lumpsum payment of Rs.10 million or 8% royalty (net
of taxes) over a period of 5 years from the commencement of production.
- The project undertakes to achieve value addition of at least 20%, unless
- The project is located within an EPZ, has been certified by the Development
Commissioner, or in an area other than an EPZ for which the locational
conditions stipulated by the Department of Industrial Development have
been complied with.
- The product to be manufactured does not require licensing and is not
reserved for the public sector.
- The unit meets the requirements of the customs authorities including:
- The provisions of the Central Excises and Salt Act, 1944.
- Amenability to bonding by the customs
- All the manufacturing operations are carried out in the same premises
and the promoter does not envisage sending out of the bonded area any raw
materials or intermediate products for any other manufacturing or processing
- The conditions relating to DTA sales are adhered to
- The unit has an annual turnover of at least Rs.500 million if it is
for the manufacture of gems and jewellery and is located outside EPZs and
other designated areas.