To make a felt eskimo parka you will need the following:
Now you are ready to make your parka.
- cardboard from a cereal box
- white or colored felt
- black or colored felt
- ball point pen with black ink if possible
- Elmer's glue.
- Draw an outline of a body about 7 inches tall on the piece of cardboard.
- Cut it out with a pair of scissors.
- Place the body on the white felt and draw the outline of the parka in pencil. (You should let the parka extend about 1/2 inch from the body.
- Cut out the parka.
- Trace around it on another piece of white felt and cut out the second piece. One of these will be the front of your parka and the other will be the back.
- On the front piece cut an opening for the head.
- You may either draw decoration for your parka in with your ball point pen or you can use decorative fabric or lace.
- Glue or sew the black felt on the feet and hands of the body to create the effect of boots and mittens.
- Draw a face on your figure with a ball point pen or glue beads on for the face.
- Glue or sew the two pieces of parka together with the body inside.
Eskimo Parka | Eskimo Yo-Yo | Aleut Visor
© Copyright 1997 Elizabeth Beckett and Sarah Teel
If you have any questions or comments please send them to (Sorry, this email link is outdated.).