Introduction | History | Process | Symbolism | Interpretation | Feedback
Interpreting Your Dreams
Interpreting dreams is a difficult and tedious task. If you can successfully interpret your dreams, however, you can learn a lot about yourself. There are a few simple steps to dream interpretation.
Interpreting a Dream
- Before even going to bed, try to keep a clear mind. Having many thoughts on your mind (especially disturbing ones) can distract you from remembering the dream.
- Take a pencil and a piece of paper and put it next to your bed.
- Try to just lay down on your bed and try not to think of anything.
- Slowly close your eyes and continue to keep a clear mind. You will eventually fall asleep.
- If at any point during the night you wake up, write down all you can remember from the dream and the go back to sleep.
- When you wake up in the morning, you should write down everything you remember from the night's dream(s).
- After all the items you have written down, draw a line under all of the main aspects of the dream.
- On the back of that sheet of paper write down anything that has been disturbing you, caused anxiety or joy.
- Look at the major symbols and check what they mean in the symbolism section.