In the location bar, type the URL- http://www.thinkquest.org/10854
Read the title page
Use the icons at the botttom of the screen to explore the website and find the answers to the questions below
1. In what year did Maryland become the first colony to pass laws forbidding the marriage between African- American men and white women?
2. Who was a scientist and inventor who published his first almanac in 1792?
3. Who escaped from slavery in 1849 but returned to rescue over 300 other slaves?
4. What was the name of the newspaper that Frederick Douglass published in Rochester, New York?
5. Thurgood Marshall became the first African- American to hold this position in 1967?
6. What is the name of the abolitionist whose most famous speech was entitled An Address to the Slaves of the United States of America?
7. In 1866, Isaac Myers organized this company in Baltimore, Maryland, the first of its kind owned by African- Americans.
8. Who is the first African- American to sit in a Legislative Assembly?
9. A plaque in the Maryland State House honors which African- American for becoming the first person in the world to reach the North Pole?
10. From which personís life did Harriet Beecher Stowe model the character Uncle Tom?
11. Who is the first African- American to be nationally recognized as a portrait painter?
12. Which female jazz singer is called Lady Day?
13. Who composed Harry Trumanís 1948 presidential campaign song, I'm Just Wild About Harry?
14. Which famous lawyer represented Linda Brown in the Brown vs. Board of Education suit?
Click one of the icons.