A Mini Game Show That Tests Your "Rescue" Knowledge
Your Email Address
1. Your boss suddenly feels very faint and ill. You know he is diabetic. What do you do?
give two rescue breaths
splash his face with water
tell him to be a man
give him your orange juice
2. The man sitting next to you at the diner counter suddenly starts coughing violently and makes motions as if he is choking on his goulash. What do you do?
order something else
give two rescue breaths and a finger sweep
encourage him to continue coughing
3. You burn your finger on the really hot filling of a Pop Tart. What should you do?
wash and bandage tightly
run it under cool water
smother it with butter
too much fat - smother it in margarine
4. True or False with correct answer: When an unconscious infant is choking, perform the Heimlich maneuver.
false - perform cpr
false-give two rescue breaths as hard as you can
false-perform the proper number of chest thrusts and back blows
5. Your neighbor complains of an aching and tightness in her chest that has persisted about a half an hour. She also has discomfort in her arms, neck and jaw. She thinks she has indigestion. You reply by:
advise her to wait a while and see if it passes
call ems-she is having a heart attack
offer her some Tums
tell her to be a man
6. What spot on the human body should never be compressed in performing cpr?
7. When a limb is severed, you:
wrap it in sterile cloth and place it in a bag with ice
place it in cool, fresh milk
hold it in place on the body
turn on the grill
8. If blood soaks through a bandage, you:
take the bandage off and apply a new one
add another bandage
cut off circulation to the wound
va chercher du vin
9. If you supect a victim has a neck injury, you:
elevate the head above the level of the heart
advise the victim to roll over
massage the injured neck to promote circulation
call ems - don't move the victim
Bonus Question: Which law protects certified community first aid and cpr providers?
the Good Samaritan act
the Lemon law
the fifth amendment