Guide: Twelfth Night
Below is a study guide designed to enrich your view of Shakespeare's work. Try to answer these questions as best you can... you may realize something you didn't before!
2. Malvolio humiliates himself publicly long before he assumes his disguise as allegedly requested by Olivia.
3. What is the purpose of the clown Feste in this play?
4. How does Sir Toby differ from Feste?
5. What does OrsinoÕs opening speech have to do with the play?
6. This play has several elements in common with other Shakespearean plays
Keep track of these traits and watch for them in reading other Shakespearean
How do they appear here in a comedy, as opposed to their representations in tragedy?
Thanks to JM Massi, Ph.D. for writing these study questions.