1. Which of the following is NOT proper netiquette behavior when visiting chat rooms or newsgroups?
Upon entering, always read the FAQ's
Don't jump right into conversations, research a little
Who cares about hurting other people's feelings, just say what's on your mind!
Well-timed silence hath more eloquence than speech."
2. Which is the correct acronym for Be Right Back?
3. Which of the following is not a frequently used Net abbreviation?
FWIW-For What It's Worth
BTW-By the Way
IMHO-In My Humble Opinion
IBIY-I Believe In You
4. Which two categories can Norms be broken into?
Mores and Folkways
Pathways and Highways
Emoticons and Acronyms
Laws and Values
5. Which character did Jimmy NOT encounter in his cyberspace adventure?
Ralph L. Bean
6. Which of the following is NOT a sign of Internet addiction?
Deprivation of sleep
Having fantasies about being on-line when being off-line
Having the desire to surf the ocean instead of to surf the Net.
Having dreams that scroll up and down
7. Where was the Cyber Cafe that we got our research from?
New York City
8. Which Emoticon signals a wink?
9. Which two Web Browers are currently at war?
Netscape and Mosaics
Netscape and CyberDog
Netscape and Microsoft
Netscape and FishNet
10. Which of the following facts about the Internet are NOT true?
The Internet extends all the way around the world
The Internet consists of a bunch of commputers linked together wtih cables
The Internet offers the following services: chat rooms, newsgroups, e-mail, and WWW
The Internet is an international deep-sea fishing expedition