WS-FTP comes with a certain amount of default FTP sites to visit, but, most often, you need to connect to a private site that is not in WS-FTP by default. To connect to this site (let's assume that it's ftp20.netscape.com) using WS-FTP, do the following:|
- Load up WS-FTP. A dialog box called Session Properties should appear. If it doesn't, click on the Connect button in the bottom left corner.
- Click the New button on the right hand side.
- Under "Profile Name:", type in
- Under "Host Name/Address:" type in
- Since Netscape's site allows anonymous login, click the "Anonymous" check box on the right hand side. If you needed a name and password for a private accound, you'd enter them in the "User ID:" and "Password:" boxes.
- Click the Apply button and then click OK and you're done.
For more information on WS-FTP and to receive the latest updates, go to the