[MAIN(TO GRAPHICS)] [HOME-TEXT]
[INFORMATION] [EDUCATION] [WEB LINKS] [CONTACTS] [CLMB
The Information Page
CLMB Information Page Overview
This page contains links to published articles, speeches, medical reports, and other sources for information on carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Bangor Daily News; Feburary 6, 1992- "Grieving parents memorialize daughter with educational campaign Pittsfield couple seek to prevent another persons falling victim to the dangers of odorless, tasteless carbon monoxide"
- Bangor Daily News; September 25, 1995- "Pittsfield couple active in campaign to warn of carbon monoxide dangers"
- The Chariho Times; October 12, 1995- "Fire district to offer CO detectors"
- Consumer Reports, November 1996- "Sleeping safely: Carbon monoxide detectors can spot this poisonous gas before it's too late" This article was provided with the CLMB Foundation/used with permission.
- PARADE Magazine; (check date)- "How to Stop a Silent Killer"
- The Morning Sentinel (Pittsfield, ME); October 3, 1995- "Pittsfield meeting to warn against deadly gas"
- The Sun (Westerly, RI); October 15, 1995- "Carbon monoxide detectors for loan"
- Concentration vs. Time- the estimated times until a CO detector will go off at certain concentrations.
- Federal Standards for CO Exposure
- Medical Literature Sample- a plethora of quotes and tidbits from the medical community about carbon monoxide and its effects. Just a brief note- there are a lot of medical terms here.
- Myths & Facts about CO- initally released by First Alert, a listing of common myths and the respective truths about carbon monoxide.
- Tolerance/Levels of CO- similar to the CO Exposure page, this page offers a listing of possible symptoms and detector reaction at different concentrations of carbon monoxide.
Statements/speeches from CLMB
- Statement at CO conference; October 23, 1996- CLMB founder Bonnie Brooks speaks about the goals of the CLMB Foundation at a convention in New York City last year.
Making a Difference
- Proclamation, Pittsfield, ME- September 23, 1995- the mayor of the town where CLMB was previously centered declares Carbon Monoxide Awareness Week.
"Turning Tragedy Into Hope"
Mail: (address outdated)
Phone: (phone disconnected) Fax: (phone disconnected)
contact the CLMB webmaster at (email link disabled)