A healthy mind
Activity for your mind!
Keep your brain active.
Practice mental skills:
Solving Crossword puzzles
Doing Math calculations
Imagining & Creating
Stay socially active.
Take a class.
Volunteer your time.
Don't try to be perfect - no one is. And expecting others to be perfect can add to your stress level, too (not to mention put a lot of pressure on them!). If you need help on something, like schoolwork, ask for it.
* Don't undermine your worth by comparing yourself to others. It is because we are different that each of us is special.
* Don't set your goals by what other people deem important. Only you know what is best for you.
* Don't take for granted the things closest to your heart. Cling to them as you would your life, for without them life is meaningless.
* Don't let life slip through your fingers by living in the past or for the future. By living your life one day at a time, you live up all the days of your life.
* Don't give up when you still have something left to give, Nothing is really over . . . till the moment you stop trying.
* Don't be afraid to admit that you are less than perfect. It is this fragile thread that binds us together.
* Don't be afraid to encounter risks. It is by taking chances, that we learn to be brave.
* Don't shut love out of your life by saying it's impossible to find. The quickest way to receive love is to give love; the fastest way to lose love is to hold it too tightly; and the best way to keep love is to give it wings.
* Don't dismiss your dreams. To be without dreams is to be without hope; to be without hope is to be without purpose.
* Don't run through life so fast that you forget not only where you've been, but where you are going.
* Life is not a race, but a journey to be savored every step of the way.
TEN TIPS FOR MENTAL HEALTH
-Identify your abilities and weaknesses together, accept them, build on them and do the best with what you have.
-Many of us have difficulty accepting kindness from others but we all need to remember the positive strokes when times gets tough.
MAKE TIME FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS
-These relationships need to be nurtured; if taken for granted they will not be there to share life's joys and sorrows.
GIVE AND ACCEPT SUPPORT
-Friends and family relationships thrive when they are "put to the test".
CREATE A MEANINGFUL BUDGET
-Financial problems cause stress. Over-spending on our "wants" instead of our "needs" is often the culprit.
-Being involved in community gives a sense of purpose and satisfaction that paid work cannot.
-We all have stressors in our lives but learning how to deal with them when they threaten to overwhelm us will maintain our mental health.
FIND STRENGHT IN NUMBERS
-Sharing a problem with others who have had similar experiences may help you find a solution and will make you feel less isolated.
IDENTIFY AND DEAL WITH MOODS
-We all need to find safe and constructive ways to express our feelings of anger, sadness, joy and fear.
LEARN TO BE AT PEACE WITH YOURSELF
-Get to know who you are, what makes you really happy, and learn to balance what you can and cannot change about yourself.
Sunset Meditatios for Mental Health
Sunset meditation makes your mind healthy and your spirit strong.