8 Panel Investigation Report
Panel Investigation Report 1
The investigation report of how primary school students choose their favourite drinks
The objectives of the survey: to get a knowledge of how drinks and beverages commonly affect their health; to make a survey about whether the primary school students have the ability to choose their suitable drinks.
Survey methodology: Collect data、questionnaire、survey interview
Time：April 10 --- April 17
Members: Team members
The course of the investigation:
1、 The first phase:
Members involved in this activity got to know soething about drinks by surfing the Internet, referring to some books and cutting newspapers, and then exchanged their information on Thinkquest, knowing that those common carbonated drinks have a great impact on the primary school students, which are not suitable for them to drink for a long time. Because they don’t contain protein and trace elements that are essential to our body. What’s more, the high calories contained in these drinks can contribute to the obesity in children. Secondly, distension can be easily caused by the carbon dioxide released by carbonated drinks , which’ll cause the loss of appetite. What’s worse, gastrointestinal dysfunction can also be caused. Meanwhile, the substances contained in carbonated drinks can bring zbout the loss of calcium in children’s body, eroding the teeth of children and adolescents. So carbonated drinks has been listed in the top ten junk foods by the WHO.
Panel Investigation Report 2
2、The second phase:
We designed 40 questionnaires in advance, of which 24 were handed out to the members, and randomly asked several students to fill in them in our PE. And then, we requested the parents of the students to finish the rest, who had come to collect their children after school, in order to learn something about how the parents instruct their children to choose the suitable drinks. After we retrieved all the questionnaires, we analysed the data separately. Liu did it in terms of the age stages; Fu the ways of childen making their
According to what we had learned, we prepared several diffirent kinds of drinks that are familiar to children, Hou the latest carbonated drinks; Liu yogurt; Zhang fruit juice drinks; Fu mineral water. Next , we interviewed some students randomly on the playground to see how much they know about the soft drinks and whether they can choose the right ones for them.
Panel Investigation Report 3
1. The majority of primary school students prefer to go to the supermarket to buy their favourite drinks because the qulity and service are both guaranteed.
2. The carbonated drinks , of which Coca cola and Sprite are their favourite, is the first chioce to them, with fruit juice drinks increasing recently.
3. Students focus on the taste while parents pay more attention to the nutritions contained in the drinks or whether it’s beneficial to the children’s health when they are making chioces.
4. The students agree to the idea that “Boiled water is the best to drink” under the guide of their parents, while when they make a real chioce, they prefer the carbonated drinks, which, we think, has something to do with the advertisements.
5. Primary school students are lacking in the knowledge of soft drinks, so they are badly in need of the instructions relevant to how to choose the soft drinks suitable for them.