A Message To Our Readers
This is a message board created so that our team can effectively tell those who read our project our expectations of this project as well as the message we want to communicate to you.
I want to show my love for art and music and make those who read our website love the arts too.
May. 04, 2009
Table of Contents
- 1.Page 1This is where our project overview can be found, as well as an introduction of the message that we want to communicate to the readers of this page.
- 2.The Many Roles Of MusicThis is an overview of the many roles that music plays in our life, from gaining money from charity to giving us an outlet for expression.
- 3.The Many Roles Of ArtThis is an overview of the many roles that art plays in our lives, from influencing religion to being a part of history.
- 4.Art and Music's Role In Our Lives: ContinuedHere, you will find more ways in which art and music have influenced our lives, and learn more about how they play a large role in our lives today.
- 5.Survey of Art and Music In The Modern WorldThis is a page describing the results of a survey we have done on a diverse group of 40 people.
- 6.A Short History of MusicThis is an overview on the history of music.
- 7.A Short History Of ArtThis is an overview on the history of art and how it has influenced us.
- 8.Different Genres of Music TodayThese two pages include some videos that our team took in order to illustrate different genres of music to our audience.
- 9.Different Genres of Music - Part 2In these pages, you will find a variety of music genres represented from rock to opera.
- 10.Art Movements and Styles - A GalleryThese two pages expkore different kinds of art and will showcase the work of our two, most artistically talented teammates, Ophelia and Nicole.
- 11.Art Movements and Styles - Part 2Also, you will be able to see the work of some other notable artists and the genres they belong to.
- 12.Some Notable ArtistsHere, you can find the biographies of some of the most influential artists and the role they played in our lives.
- 13.Some Notable MusiciansHere, you can find the biographies of some of the most influential musicians and the role they played in our lives.
- 14.Why We Need Music and ArtHere, you will find outlined our reasons for supporting a larger role for art and music today.
- 15.Obstacles To Music and Art TodayThis page is dedicated to making people aware of the arguments against letting art and music play a bigger role.
- 16.ConclusionThis is a summary of our project as well as a last overview of our thoughts and feelings about this project.
- 17.Summary of CitationsThis is a summary of the citations in our project as well as the sources they come from.
- 18.BibliographyThis is a summary of our sources of information for this project, as well as some suggestions for further reading on the topic of art and music's role in life.
Project Overview and Introduction
Art is defined in the skill acquired by experience, study, or observation and the the conscious use of skill and creative imagination especially in the production of aesthetic objects.
But to us, art is something much simpler. It is a from of creativity that moves people, that makes people feel and changes their emotions. Art is subjective, one piece with the ability to make people both look away in disgust and make them cry in happiness.
Music works exactly to the same principle. Perhaps you might listen to the raging guitars and incessant screaming of heavy metal music, and say "This is not music. This is noise.". But perhaps a 'rocker' would sit in a classical music concert, hear Mozart and think of it as nothing but boring noise too!
Whatever sound makes you happy, is music.
So that is the point of our project. To promote art and music as a culture of beauty and subjectivity, as something so infinitely broad and complicated, with so many different branches, yet still amazingly simple.
Art and music are the things that intertwine us. And that is their main role, in a nutshell, to unite us all in one love of art and beauty, to strengthen us in the face of adversity and to help us find some peace in our increasingly hectic lives.
My Opinions On The State Of Arts Today
To see how aware people are on the current situation of art and music in the world, and to gather suggestions on what people can do to improve that situation.
We want to hear the feelings of others on how the world could improve its appreciation of art and music.
Art must become one's legacy and wemust pass it on for generations and generations.
May. 04, 2009
Art these days is not really done for one's pleasure, it is just done for college applications or to show off. We should appreciate art just for the sake of it.
May. 04, 2009