INDIAN BADMINTON PLAYERS
- ARVIND BHAT
- CHETAN ANAND
- ANUP SRIDHAR
- A S GUPTA
- P GOPICHAND
- APARNA POPAT
- PVV LAKSHMI
- MADHUMITA BISHT
- AMI GHIA
- SAINA NEHWAL
I LOVE BADMINTON
I AM FOND OF PLAYING BADNMINTON WITH MY FRIENDS IN SCHOOL AS WELL AS IN THE COURT AT MY HOME.THIS GIVES ME CHEERFULNESS.
KNOW ABOUT BADMINTON
* Badminton is a racquet sport played by either two opposing players (singles) or two opposing pairs (doubles), who take positions on opposite halves of a rectangular court that is divided by a net.
* Players score points by striking a shuttlecock with their racquet so that it passes over the net and lands in their opponents' half of the court. A rally ends once the shuttlecock has struck the ground, and each side may only strike the shuttlecock once before it passes over the net.
* The shuttlecock (or shuttle) is a feathered projectile whose unique aerodynamic properties cause it to fly differently from the balls used in most racquet sports.
* Shuttlecocks have a much higher top speed, when compared to other racquet sports. Because shuttlecock flight is affected by wind, competitive badminton is best played indoors.
* Badminton is also played outdoors as a casual recreational activity, often as a garden or beach game.
* Since 1992, badminton has been an Olympic sport with five events: men's and women's singles, men's and women's doubles, and mixed doubles, in which each pair is a man and a woman.