Team Survey On Water
The team has brainstormed for questions and come up with a survey to survey the awareness level of the general school population and other people on global water issues relating to access to safe drinking water as well as to propose ideas and suggestions to improve the current situation so that everyone in this world can have safe access to drinking water
Further Comments on Survey Results
The survey size was about 200 returns, which included responses from both students and staff of Dunman High School.
- Question 1 Are you aware that globally more than a billion people in this world do not have safe acccess to water?
- Question 2 Are you aware that globally millions of people die annually due to lack of safe acccess to drinking water?
- Question 3 What do you think are the "Millennium Development Goals"?
- Q4 What do you think are the consequences of lack of safe access to water at the global level?
- Question 5 Do you think the government should provide a certain minimum amount of water to everyone as a basic human right?
- Q6 Referring to Question 5 please explain your reasoning why you support or reject the idea that the government should provide a certain minimum amount of water to everyone as a basic human right
- Question 7 Do you think that bottled water is a waste of earth's resources and a very expensive means of drinking water - including the need to use plastic and transport the bottled water?
- Question 8 Referring to Question 7 please explain your reasoning why you support or reject the idea that bottled water is a waste of earth's resources
Q9 Currently water issues especially at the global level are not part of the school curriculum unlike some issues like global warming and the global impact which is taught in the school curriculum.
Do you think we should raise more awareness of global water issues given that water is such an important resource?
- Question 10 Please suggest how we can raise more awarenes about the global issues of water especially in relation to safe access to drinking water for everyone in this world?