Experimental Report I
Compare the effect of electromagnetic radiation on bean sprouts produced by different household appliances placed in various set distance.
(1) Purpose: Study the influence of the different home appliances’ electromagnetic radiation on the growth of bean sprout, and relationship between he influence and the changing distance.
(2)Principle: Electromagnetic radiation at different intensity results in different effects on bean sprout. Use control variate method to measure and compare the bean sprout’s growth under the radiation by different household appliances in the same distance as well as under that of the same household appliance in different distances.
(3) Device: Mungbean, disposable paper cups, tissue, a television, a computer, a refrigerator, an electronic rice cooker, a microwave oven, an induction cookers, a radio, a digital camera
1. Leave the beans to soak overnight..
2.Add the same amount of water into 6 paper cups after laying a tissue inside each paper cup
3. Put 6 beans respectively in each paper cup.
4. Place two paper cups around each electric appliance, one in a distance of 0.5 cms, the other 20~25 cms.
5.After germination, measure the lengths of 6 beans in each cup at 6 pm, average and record the data as well as take photos.
6. Conduct the experiment many times and average the data.
1. In a short period of time electromagnetic radiation seems to foster some bean sprouts’ growth, while it also serve as a deterrent to others. According to the recorded data and photos taken during the ten days, it is clear that electromagnetic radiation has negative effects on the growth of the bean sprout.
2. We draw a conclusion boldly from our observation that people using household appliances for a long time is bound to be affected electromagnetic radiation.
( Because this experiment certainly can't determine the variable, t there still remains some error in the experiment. However, four experiments conducted by our group approximately come to the same conclusion )