Our Jumbo Dictionary
Words of the Day!
- 1.Basque:A member of a people of unknown origin inhabiting the western Pyrenees and the Bay of Biscay in France and Spain.
- 2.Custodian:One that has charge of something; a caretaker: the custodian of a minor child's estate
- 3.Janitor1. One who attends to the maintenance or cleaning of a building. 2. A doorman.
- 4.Archway:A passageway under an arch.
- 5.SubwayAn underground tunnel or passage, as for a water main or for pedestrians.
New Words For You..
- 1.Mandate:An authoritative command or instruction.
- 2.Optimize:To make as perfect or effective as possible.
- 4.Acronyms:A word formed from the initial letters of a name, such as WAC for Women's Army Corps, or by combining initial letters or parts of a series of words, such as radar for radio detecting and ranging.
- 5.Plague:A widespread affliction or calamity, especially one seen as divine retribution.
- 6.Psych:a. To put into the right psychological frame of mind: The coach psyched the team before the game. b. To excite emotionally: The children were psyched to see the circus.
- 7.Resent:To feel bitter or indignant
- 8.Weaving:To construct by interlacing or interweaving strips or strands of material: weave a basket.
- 9.Glance:To strike a surface at such an angle as to be deflected: A pebble glanced off the windshield.
- 10.Windshield:A shield placed to protect an object from the wind.
^_^WordS WorlD of MinE^.^
- 1.Abate=become less strong
- 2.Adroit=quick and skilful in though or action
- 3.Beacon=a fire on a hill, tower or pole, used as a signal
- 4.Boon=a thing which is a great help or comfort to people
- 5.Bore=to make a deep round hole in something =to make someone feel uninterested =a person who talks in an uninteresting way =something which is uninteresting and annoying =a measurement of the width of a gun barrel or pipe =past tense of BEAR
- 6.Borough=a town, or an area of a large town, with powers of government
- 7.Bosun=a chief seaman on a ship
- 9.Carol=a religious song of joy and praise sung at Christmas
- 10.carousel=a moving belt an airport from which passengers collect their bags and cases
*acquit = declare innocent *ample = enough;plenty *aptitude = talent or ability *adverse = bad *accede = to agree
*babble = to chatter *beneath = lower than something *burly = big,strong and heavy *bustle = to rush or hurry *bunk = a bed fixed to the wall
1. a very large lorry or truck. 2. a large and powerful force or instutation that cannot be controlled.
to divide something , especially money into two or more parts.
a person who designs, make and sells expensive, fashion-able clothes, especially for women.
a man who has the lwest rank of honour.