Sit down and question yourself, why people are always thinking that their religion is the only one or the best one? This is call judge before knowing, because we can’t say that our beliefs are the best one, if we don’t know about other people beliefs. Around the world, there exists a big variation of religions, but the most known are Christianity, Islamism, and Hinduism. Like Sara Wenner said, "Religion helps us to transmit our values from one generation to another" (Wenner, 2001), we have to share about our religion, so in that way next generations know about our beliefs. Also there exists a different one call Atheism that is characterized by no believing in a God. These religions are for complement each other, and for that we have to pay attention to the values of each person, so in that way prejudices will end.
In this page, you will see the difference beliefs that exist around the world, the specific ideas of each popular religion, and the traditions of the people that are involve with the religion.
To this religion belong a 33% of the people around the world. It is still the biggest religion boasting over 2.1 billion people(Joel). All these members are characterize by believing in one God that is creator of all people, universe and everything around us. He is considered Father, Son and the Holy Spirit. Also they believe in Jesus Christ that came to the world for our salvation and that he born through the Virgin Mary. Jesus suffered for us and died for the sins of the entire world, but after a week, he resurrected (brought to life again). Christians believe that, who believe in resurrection, will also resurrected and go into the kingdom of Heaven.
Finally they believe in the life after death, so they will be forgiven and saved, but unbelievers will face the punishment. Bible is the Holy Scriptures in which every Christian believes and contains books written before Jesus (Old Testament), books about the life of Jesus (New Testament), and proclaims that Jesus will return to judge life and death.
It represents a 21% of the world, 1.5 billion people(Joel). Their beliefs are very different but they have only six basic’s articles of faith that join Muslims:
1. The first one is that the only god is Allah, which creates all creatures, heavens and the universe.
2. The second one is the belief of angels and jinn (spiritual beings). Each angel has a different action in life and they consider that two angels accompany all Muslim, one to register the good work, and the other to register bad works.
3. The third one is the belief of the scriptures. They have four books: the Torah, the Psalms, the Gospel and the most important, the Quran. This last one is the book that Muslims believe that can never be unclear.
4. The fourth one is in the prophets of God, especially in Mohammed (the last prophet and the supreme of God). They have to believe in this without discrimination.
5. The fifth one is the afterlife. Muslims will be maintained responsible for the thing they have done in their life. The “Day of Judgment”, is the day in with justice will be done to every Muslim. Those that have more good work through their life will send to heaven, and the rest will be sent to hell.
6. The sixth and last one is the supremacy of God’s will. They believe in predestination as difference with other people. The Quran supports that the things Muslims do, are the results of God’ will.
900 million people, the 14% of the world, belong to this religion. Hinduism is considered the world’s third largest religion(Joel). They believe especially in Brahman, who is the only and eternal God, the man of all the creatures. The Hindu has to respect a series of fundamental rules that guarantee the social order. The fundamental books of this people, in which the religious and human knowledge takes shelter, are the Vedas (book of knowledge). Some of their traditions are:
1. Pray three times a day.
2. When someone’s born, the mothers have to put rice in his mouth.
3. When you have your years old, they cut your hair and offer it at the familiar God.
4. Hindu people, consider animals as a holy creature, so the most of them are vegetarian.
The 16% of the world, 1.1 billion people, don’t have religion(Joel). This percent of people is considered atheist or no believer. Definition valued of atheism does not exist one, but there are some principles that atheists adopt like theirs, like they don’t believe in God either in devil, miracles are impossible, the universe and the human are materialistic, and ethic and morals are relative.
There are three different categories:
1. Strong atheists: they are very active, aggressive and always are trying to use logic and taking evidences with the Bible, to approve that God doesn’t exist.
2. Weak atheists: they don’t exercise any faith in God.
3. Militant atheists: they are always insulting, with their comments full of profanity and blasphemies, believers especially to Christians.