What makes a leader?
The 5 must-haves of a real leader
No one could deny that Martin Luther King Jr. was born to be a leader. But why? What makes a real leader?
A GOOD LEADER MUST BE
1. Confidet: How can others trust you if you do not trust yourself? Confidence is all about believing in yourself and knowing you can achieve all your goals. If you believe in yourself, those you lead will trust you too.
2. Enthusiastic: Many goals are difficult to reach, and someone that gets tired in the middle of the race cannot achieve them. Enthusiasm is about having energy and being able to spread it. This is absolutely fundamental in a good leader. Enthusiasm is the engine for all your projects.
3. Trustworthy: The word says it all: being worthy (deserving) of the trust of others. It is about being honest, not cheating, not stealing someone else's ideas. When you lead, others must trust you. Only this way you will achieve real team work.
4. Calm: Many will be static when a problem comes, but ths is a privilege that is not able for leaders. Leaders must stay calm, because only this way they will be able to overcome problems and keep on until their goal.
5. Humility: Always keep in mind that you are a leader, not a God! You can- you will- make mistakes, but being able to accept will also make you able to raise above them. Humility is essential to mantain unity among teams.
Of course, these are not the only things that make a leader, just some. It is fundamental to know that some people do have this characteristics as intrisic parts of their personalities, but anyway a good leader must be prepared to develop them.
Was Martin Luther King Jr. an example of all these?
Was Martin Luther King Jr. a real leader?
As a group, we firmly believe so. Do you?