Did you know that...
- Water makes up 75% of the Earth's surface?
- The amount of water on earth is 326 million cubic miles?
- About 1% of the water in our body is lost when we get thirsty?
- An apple is 85% water?
- The water that we see today is the same water millions of years ago?
- A human body is made up of 70% water?
- An infant is 80% water?
- Water dissolves more substances than any liquid?
- An average person can drink up to three gallons of water daily?
Water intoxication occurs when we drink too much water?
The water dilutes the sodium in our blood and causes an imbalance in the brain's water.
Not all of the eight glasses of water that we must consume is drank?
We can also get it from the foods we eat.
- We would get water intoxicated in times of intense athletic performance?
Pure water has pH level of 7.0?
It is neither acidic nor basic.
Water has zero osmotic pressure?
Water is the only substance that can go in and out of the cell freely.
Soft drinks, tea, and coffee comprise of almost entirely water?
They only have caffeine, which acts as a mild diuretic that prevents water from being absorbed by the body.
More water is stored underground than on the surface of the Earth?
It is stored in aquifers.
Only three tenths of the water on Earth is usable by man?
It is found in bodies of freshwater.
The hydrogen and oxygen in water can be separated by electrolysis?
Electrolysis is a process in which electricity is made to flow on water until the atoms are separated.