Relation Between Plastic and Global Warming
Do you still remember about global warming? Do you still remember the danger of green house gasses? Do you know that plastic can increase the production of green house gasses? Well, we’re here to tell you about the risk of using plastics, and how to handle it.
Have you ever seen how this earth has depended on plastic too much? Just for example, if we want to buy a bar of soap, a tube of toothpaste, 2 snacks, and 2 sachets of coffee in a mini market, the seller will give us a small plastic bag with soap and toothpaste in it. And then, they will give us another small plastic bag, for the snacks and the coffee. After that, they will give us another medium-sized plastic bag, for us to carry the small plastic bags. And those bags are ours. What should we do with those palstic bags? Keep in our home? What for? But, have you ever think about these facts below:
- Plastic is a material which hard to recycled. Plastic needs more than 1000 years to decompose naturally.
- Plastic pollution can cause damage on the ecosystem, although on a very long time.
- 500 million-1 billion bags of plastics used every day in the world, approximately, which means that 1 million used in every minute.
- 1 ton of plastics = 11 barrel of crude oil, and amazingly, there’s only 1% kinds of plastic which can be recycled.
- for fulfilling the world's need of plastic, 12 million barrel of crude oil and 14 million of trees cut down, every year.
- Approximately 3% of plastic ended floating in the sea, becoming a dangerous pollutant for the sea ecosystem, found in many sea creatures' stomach, causing death to many whales and turtles.
- And many other dangerous causes.
Many people who burn their plastic bags, just to stay out of troubles and blames from those who don’t like to throw garbage anywhere. But the product of gasses from the burning can cause dangerous chemical gasses out. Those gasses can trigger many diseases, such as respiratory interference, nervous system, cancer, etc