Potentials of the leader (Part 2)
Potentials of the leader (part 2)
b. Goal Power (vision)
• Vision is a view which describes :
- Where would you go.
- How about your steps.
- And what would you do.
• Parameter vision
• Steps to get vision is to decide target.
• Parameter target : SMART.
• To gain the vision then the vision must be permanent.
c. Follower Power
• Needs of followers ( based on Maslow’s need hierarchy).
• Physical Needs (house, food, clothes).
• Safety (security).
• Social ( has friends, accepted).
• Ego (has status, is viewed with esteem).
• Self actualization (opportunity to realize full potential).
d. Managerial Leadership Power
• Managerial leadership power is a motivation of someone to give an influence to the other for reach their aim.
• How to do it?
By build the motivation creation of him self.
By receive an inspiration from the others.
• The purpose :
To build an enthusiasm among the people of the community, also give an influence so they will be attracted to give their contribution to reach the aim of the organization.
d. Communication Power
• “A leader must able to get his message across to those who would follow”
• Communication skill :
- Can explain clearly their purpose or vision to their followers
- Empowering ( Maximize potential, innate quality, power and contribution of the followers)
- Modeling (Create a trust between followers and people around)
- Problem solving (can solve happened problem)