What Others Think?
There are so many leaders in the world. A small organization or a huge one, from east till west, and from children till adults. There are so many so the former leaders are forgotten. But some people still remember those leaders. We've surveyed several people through Survey Monkey.com and asked them several questions about their leadership experiences and the leaders they admire. Let's see the results.
1. Have you been a leader?
In this question, 90% of the surveyed people said that Yes, they've been a leader. This only shows us that there are many leaders now. So if you have not yet been a leader, why would you be ashamed?
2. How do you find being a leader?
Most of the results shows that many leaders are fulfilled when they lead (yields 45%). 40% say they are very fulfilled. And the remaining 15% or those who are undecided are those who answered No, they haven't been a leader.
3. A leader to what organization/club?
Classroom is where most of the respondents lead. Next highest is school academic clubs . Our respondents also lead in school sports and music club, meetings, seminars, government and non-government organizations, religious organizations and among others.
4. Could you remember your past leaders?
We are expecting low results for the answer Yes, I could still remember in this question but fortunately it got the highest result of 95%. still, even though people are in a stressful and busy world, many could still remember their past leaders.
5. How much do you appreciate them?
Many people appreciate the works of the past leaders. According to the survey we got, 85% appreciate the past leaders while only 15% don't which is opposite to what we expect.
6. Who is the leader you most admire?
He was the former president of the Philippines. He yielded 5 out of 20 votes in our survey.
Gandhi, who was responsible for the freedom of India, yielded 3 votes in the survey.
Others are listed below:
He was the former and sixteenth president of the U.S.A.
She was the nun who helped the poor, the sick, the homeless, the hungry, the orphaned and the dying people of the world through her outreach missions.
He is the present president of the U.S. He was also the first Black American President.
He is the former prime minister of Malaysia.
She was an Australian Catholic nun who was considered as a saint.
Stefan Cel Mare
Stefan Cel Mare or Ste[hen III of Moldavia, was a great ruler of the said country and proteced it from invasion of barbaric tribes.
Pope John Paul II
He was the pope of the Roman Catholic Church from October 16, 1978 until his death last April 2, 2005. He was succeeded by the present pope, Pope Benedict XVI.
7. Would you like to be a leader?
The question really is If you haven't been a leader, would you like to be one? And the results were:
Yes - 81.3%
Unsure - 18.8%
Many, who aren't leaders yet, would like to be leaders of their own organization as shown by the survey results, so why will you be ashamed right?
8. The traits the leader you admire are..
- 1.HardworkingThis trait got the highest result. of course would you like a leader just sitting down there and relaxing doing nothing?
- 2.IntelligentThis is what we find first in a leader, like how we look up in our crushes, right? but, always remember that it doesn't mean that one is intelligent, he may be a possible great leader!
- 3.HumbleWho wants a leader lookung at himself as a god of all people? Of course none! We need a down to earth leader, right?
- 4.NobleMany admire noble or great-hearted leaders.
- 5.Leader of the Mass and ReligiousThese two characteristics tied up. When we say "leader of the mass" we mean leader of the common people. It may mean the same with humble but a humble leader may only be humble with those who share him the higher rank unlike the leader of the common people, who mingles with his followers, the people below his rule. And religious leader follows the rule of God, which is a best example for us, right?
- 6.RichThis may be one of your disgusting trait but yes -- it yielded 3 votes. Well, a rich leader may be generous at the same time right? Generous of his riches!
- 7.OthersThere are many other traits listed above like industrious, polite and more.
Summary of Responses
This is the summary of all the responses during the survey period.
File Type: application/octet-stream: 60 K