BALI BIRD PARK
What is Bali Bird Park?
Bali Bird Park, or also known as Taman Burung Bali in Indonesian language located in Jalan SerCok Ngurah Gambir, Singapadu Village, Kecamatan Sukawati, Kabupaten Gianyar, Bali. This park is open for public everyday from 8 AM-6PM WITA.
At the beginning, people built this park with botanical garden concept, which is made in order to provide living area for lots of kind of fowls from around the world. They didn’t even have the thought to make it a tourist destination. But, as time goes by, the width of this park is rising up to 2 hectare wide. Then, for the first time, on October 1995 Bali Bird Park is open for public.
Visitors will find many kinds of fowl in the middle of artificial rainforest. The amount could reach up to 1.500 birds containing 250 species of birds. Local Indonesian fowls are not the only species that being collected in this park, but also other kind of fowls that came from around the world. That’s why people don’t come to this park in order just for recreation, they also come here to do research.
The amount of Indonesian birds is up to 70 percent of the total collection of birds. And the rest 30 percent are other bird species that come from other countries. Some came from Congo, South America, Australia, China, and other countries in the world.
Some of the plants in the artificial rainforest are also come from countries around the world, such as Australia, Africa and South America. And most of the plants are rare plants. On of the most famous plant in this park is the Blue Bismarck Palm, which is plant next to a pond.
What can we find?
|She's one of a tourist who had her photo taken while she was holding a reptile in Bali Bird Park.||It's a photo of the famous Blue Bismarck Palm. But this is not the original photo that taken in Bali Bird Park.|
Facilities & Prices
Bali Bird Park provides many facilities for visitors. You can have your picture taken while you were posing with unique and interesting birds, and you can also see the breeding of scarce birds. Start by seeing the eggs, hatching process, and feeding process.
It is easy to get here from Denpasar, all you need 20 minutes. Visitors can use their own car, motorcycle or even use a travel as the transportation to go to Bali Bird Park. If you start your journey to Bali Bird Park from Kuta Beach, you will need 45 minutes to get to the park.
The prices to enter this park are varied. Adult foreign tourist will have to pay AS $17 to enter this park, and for the youngster AS $8.5. For domestic visitors, the adult will have to pay Rp 59.000 and Rp 29.000 for the youngster.
Although the prices are a bit expensive, it is all worth it. Because you can already enjoy and use all the facilities.