Parts of Culture
When we talk about culture, there are many things come to our mind such as, tradition, art, food, cloth, houses, ceremony, and life style.
1. Tradition - West Java or specificly Bandung has its own tradition which is different from other region. ex. how to speak to older, how to attend the party and how to start cultivating rice field.
2. Art - There are many kinds of art we find in West Java, ex. traditional and modern dance, traditional music instrument, batik, painting and others
3. Food - Bandung has many specifik food like peuyeum, oncom, colenak, bajigur and many more.
4. Cloth - traditional clothes from Bandung look different from those in Central Java
5. And so architecture, Ceremony and life style.
People from Bnadung are called Sundanese. Bandung is located in West Java, Indonesia. It is the biggest city in West Java. The regional language is Sundanese. In formal communication they speak their National language, Indonesian. Their regianal language, Sundanese,is devided into three parts. They are Sunda Kasar (Harsh Sundanese), middle Sundanese, and Sunda Lemes (Soft Sundanese). Long time ago, there was a Kingdom in West Java, an old Hindu Kingdom called Padjajaran. The old university from Bandung was named after Padjadjaran. Bandung is also called Bumi Parahyangan, which means Lands of Gods.
Sundanese or Bandung people are known as nice and friendly people, easygoing and not too formal. U can see that on how real Sundanese people talk, they talk carefully and slowly. They always smile to other person they meet whether they don't know them. They help each other without asking any payment.
Nowadays, many people in Bandung are also able to speak foreign language, like English language. So, if u are not able to speak Indonesian or Sundanese, u can speak English with them.
If u come to Bandung, don’t forget to visit old and historycal buildings, such as Bank of Indonesia, which is located at the edge of Braga street, Biofarma building at Pasteur Street, Mesjid Raya Kaum Cipaganti at Cipaganti street, Catholic Cathedral at Merdeka street, Bandung Institute of Technology, The Palace of Army Commandant at Aceh street, Bethel Church near Bank of Indonesia, and many more.