The Arch of Triumph and the Manuc's khan
The Arch of Triumph
The Arch of Triumph is a monument situated in the north area of the town. Between 1921 and 1922, after the coronation of the king Ferdinand I and the queen Maria as sovereigns of Romania, the architect Petre Antonescu was appointed to make the sketches of an imposing arch of Triumph in the north of the Bucharest. The population and several societies and associations of the former combatants in World War 1 contributed with about 7 million to the edification of The Arch.The construction was finished in 1936 and The Arch was inaugurated at 1st december 1936, after 18 years of the Union between Romania and Transilvania.
The Coltea Hospital
The "Coltea" Hospital is the first hospital built in Bucharest. It was found in 1704, at the initiative of Mihai Cantacuzino, as a hospital for the poor people.The hospital's operating and organization were made after the model of the Ospedale di S. Lazzaro e Medicanti hospital, from Venice.Among the first doctors who worked at The Coltea Hospital was Nicolae Cretulescu who founded the microsurgery school.
Nicolae Angelescu, a former surgeon and president of "Coltea" foundation said:"the Coltea hospital represented the first basis of education.In 1859 were found the first medical specialties: surgery,internal medicine and ophthalmology. Three ministers proceeded from here:Nicolae Cretulescu, Constantin Angelescu and Gheorghe Asachi.Also,from here proceeded the most health ministers."
The Manuc's khan
The khan was built between 1806 1nd 1808.The khan's architecture was enough innovative so the building didn't have the appearance like other buildings from the XVIII century.
The initial architecture of the khan isn't known, but in some articles the building is described as it had had 15 cellars,23 shops, two big drawing-rooms, 10 storages, rooms for servants, kitchens and a tunnel for 500 persons. At the floor had been about 107 rooms for guests. In the courtyard had been a cafe and a fountain.
In January 1836 the khan's structure was affected by an earthquake. After the earthquake, a big part of the building was demolished and rebuilt. Also,the khan was renovated in 1848,1863,between 1966 and 1970 and between 1991 and 1992.