Methods of the date industry
Wet date packing and storing industry:
Dates are sold at the beginning of their season when they are still unripe or wet (at price more than the prices of ripe dates) as dates are characterized by their good taste and flavor and their low amount of sugar and high rate of moisture at this stage .
In spite of the high demand of dates at the beginning of their season ,the problem of the short period of their presentation because of their water content that reaches 50% of their components and this is the most significant difficulty of shopping at that stage the industry of packing and storing wet dates is a good mean of increasing the period of their validity.
This industry goes through several stages. The dates are picked unripe and wet. They are assorted, washed, frozen and packed in convenient packs then preserved under temperature of 20oc and the moisture rate of 70% till they are marketed or sold.
This industry achieves a lot of economic benefits that affect the growth and the industry of dates alike:
• Increasing the economic return to the projects and forms of producing dates through improving their sale prices.
• Providing fresh dates in season other than their season. Providing a big part of dates that was going rotten because of insects and fungi.
• Increasing the period of marketing of the dates and controlling the quantities for sale depending on the market needs and avoiding price falling or decline.
• The possibility of opening external markets through exporting.
Transformational industry of dates
Dates are considered strategic goods as they are a source of energy and several vitamins and minerals, therefore, we can get a lot of products through manufacturing transformational processes. These products have an economic return.
Transformational industries include more than 45 products like:
• Extracting date honey or concentrated date juice.
• Producing date fingers.
• Producing mono-cellular enzymes and proteins and some hormones, antibiotics and some ferments.
• Producing vinegar and industrial and medical alcohol.
• Producing sugar.
• Producing date paste and date jam.
• Freezing wet dates.
• Making house furniture from its wood.
• Making fodder from palm waste.
• Packing, pressing and insulating dates.
• Making paper.
Free to distribute and copy
Free to distribute and copy
Packing dried and half dried dates
When dates reach the stage of drying, they enter another industry. That is packing dried and half dried dates. There are some processes like receiving raw dates then weighting, inspecting and viewing dates .
After that the primary storing then washing with disinfecting substances then washing with portable water, then the final assortment, after that.Packing, pressing and insulating then storing in the final freezer till marketing is done.