Apr. 25, 2009
The history of the church of San Biagio, can be divided into three periods.
The first period begins in the tenth century when the Basilian monks introduced the cult of St. Biagio.
This saint is celebrated on 3 February, thanks to a Roman scholar who after having studied the documents, which told the story of St. Biagio, decided the date. The monks dedicated to the worship of this saint of a cell-sanctuary of the territory of Sabina Palombara ...
These cells were formed by a small church attached to a monastery. The church was about twenty meters long and formed by three naves. In the East there was a small cemetery.
The second period began in the eleventh century:
in this period nell'abbazia S. John lived a priest, who decided to expand the walls of the cell and had a bell tower.
The third period began in 1850 and in this year there were a series of restructuring and changes to the church.
A feature of the church of S. Biagio is that, after having attended the Mass, there is grease your throat with consecrated oil, taking away the ills of the throat, in fact, S. Blaise is the patron of the throat.