Asana for Spine
Parvatasana for spine
Steps for Asana=
* Sit erect in Padmasana
* Form a firm finger lock.
* Inhaling, stretch the arms with the finger-lock vertically above the head without raising the seat and knees.
* Turn the palms up exactly above the centre of the head.
* Inhaling again, stretch your arms upwards from the shoulder blades and stretch the trunk to the maximum without moving from your seat.
* Maintain this posture, holding your breath.
* Exhaling, resume the starting position.
* Parvatasana pulls up all the abdominal, pelvic and side muscles, stretches the spine and ribs, loosens the hips, stretches and exercises the usually inactive waist zone and helps to reduce a fat, flabby and protruding abdomen. As a result, the body becomes slim and its balancing power increases.
* The chest expands to its full extent and the lung's capacity improves by the regular practice of this asana.
* It also aids correct breathing.
* The asana strengthens the muscles of the back of the diaphragm.