- Geothermal energy is the most versatile and least polluting renewable source of energy.
- It can be harnessed for 24 hours throughout the year.
- Geothermal energy is relatively inexpensive.
- As compared to solar and wind energy, the power generation level of geothermal energy is higher.
- Geothermal energy can be used for power generation as well as direct heat.
- It causes noise pollution while drilling.
- Geothermal hot spots are scattered and usually some distance awa from the areas that need energy.
- The overall power production has very low.
- It's single bore has limied life span of about 10 years.