Giant Pandas Link to Mainpage Link to Wolves Link to Gorillas Link to Polarbears Link to Diversity Link to Collaboration Link to Citations
Pandas live in forests with a supply of bamboo trees. All the pandas eat are bamboo, 99% of the time. The other 1% eat smaller rodents or deer. In the zoos they have a special diet consisting of rice gruel, bamboo, sugar canes, and a high fiber diet of biscuts, carrots and apples.
Giant pandas are about the size of an american black bear. They can reach about 6ft long, males are generally longer than females standing up. Scientists are not sure how long giant pandas live, but they are sure its much shorter when pandas live in zoos.
Newborn pandas weigh about 3.7 ounces, while adults weigh 175 to 275 pounds, and 28 pounds of their normal weight is part bamboo. Pandas usually live to be 18 to 20 years of age in the wild, but others in zoos or closed off from the wild live to be 30 years of age.
Each panda has his or her own scent, just like a humans fingerprint. Other pandas can smell each and every panda, because pandas rub themselfs agianst trees and bambooto leave their scent.
Some fun facts are pandas are usally quiet and keep to themselfs but they can roar, growl and honk. Like other bears pandas are curious and playful especially when their young. when their in zoos, they like to play with items like piles of ice or sawdust, and puzzles made of bamboo with food inside, and different scents like spices.
Page Made By: Maddie
Picture Citation: http://middle.nettrekker.com/isearch/frame/index.epl?image_id=231696000001