|Home page||Woodland' s stuff||Categories||The role of forests||References|
* ~ * When it rains, the forests cry ... * ~ *
|The antipoluant role of forests|
|• Forests are very important in our
life, because them represents an important factor against pollution. Romania
is considered a low forest country.
• Until now, are identified nearly 300 types of forests.
• The forests have a lot of functions which bring behalves to the Earth.
- admit the brace between soil and reduces evaporation;
- forewarn soil erosion;
- during periods of drought, the forests adjust atmospheric moisture;
- purify the air with O2 of CO2. Annual, 18 t CO2 are used up by 1 hectare of forest;
- during the summer the wind speed is reduced;
• Pollution has affected large areas of land covered by forest.
• The pollution affects very much the community especially the trees. The causes of this big pollutions are:
o international pollution;
• We can protect forests very simple, we should respect some rules, like:
o -we could reduce air pollution;
o -we should go with common transport in the city;
o -reducing damage to timber harvesting mass;
|~ Really? Do you want this? You like it,don't you?|
|~ This is someones' "masterwork". But we know that together we can change that.|