1. Turtles have no teeth.
2. Sea turtles absorb a lot of salt from the sea water in which they live. They excrete excess salt from their eyes, so it often looks as though they're crying.
3. Camels can spit.
4. An ostrich can run 43 miles per hour (70 kilometers per hour).
5. Pigs are the fourth most intelligent animal in the world.
6. Dinosaurs didn't eat grass? There was no grass in the days of the dinosaurs.
7. Dolphins can swim 37 miles per hour (60 kilometers per hour).
8. A crocodile's tongue is attached to the roof of its mouth? It cannot move. It cannot chew but its Digestive juices are so strong that it can digest a steel nail, Glass pieces, etc
9. Sharks are immune to disease i.e they do not suffer from any Disease.
10. There are 6 to 14 frogs species in the world that have no tongues. One of these is the African dwarf frog.
11. A frog named Santjie, who was in a frog derby in
12. A snail can sleep for 3 years.
13. A cheetah does not roar like a lion - it purrs like a cat (meow).
14. The original name for the butterfly was 'flutterby'
15. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain.
16. Ants don't sleep.
17. Dolphins sleep in a semi-alert state by resting one side of their brain at a time
18. The eyes of the chameleon can move independently & can see in two different directions at the same time.
19. Owls are the only birds who can see the colour blue.
20. Man is the only animal who'll eat with an enemy
21. A Cockroach will live nine days without its head, before it starves to death.
22. A chimpanzee can learn to recognize itself in a mirror, but monkeys can't
23. Dolphins sleep with one eye open
24. Birds don't sweat
25. Camels have three eyelids to protect themselves from blowing sand
26.The only 2 animals that can see behind itself without turning its head are the rabbit and the parrot.
28. The heart of a blue whale is as big as a car, and its tongue is as long as an elephant.
29. Every dolphin has its own signature whistle to distinguish it from other dolphins, much like a human fingerprint
30. The elephant is the only mammal that can't jump!
Other Pictures on this page - from free foto.com and is free for use.
Credits: Content and page prepared by Rohith