Each living being has its own frequency—and what are colors but different frequencies or wavelengths? Chromotherapists work with color energy to heal certain problems, but they do not claim to replace traditional doctors; what they do is similar to a physiotherapist who works with patients after they undergo major surgery. However, it doesn’t take a skilled therapist to implement little things in your day-to-day life that could keep you shining inside and out.
Everyone has a preference for colors. This preference indicates our leaning towards certain emotions, maybe because we’ve had a positive experience connected to those emotions, or as chromotherapists claim, colors we like and dislike indicate the balance of the chakras in our body. As you know, an imbalance in one of the chakras of the body can lead to lots of negative effects as well as physical problems. What is an imbalance in a chakra? The lack of energy of a particular frequency, that is, the shortage of a particular color’s energy, which a skilled therapist can pick out by analyzing your color preference—like in Dr. Luscher’s test.
After analysis, chromotherapy is used to supplement the body/mind’s energy requirements by providing color. There are many ways to do this, including the following techniques:
• Light Boxes: These are boxes fitted with filters that let individual colors in. Need a bit of therapy? Step right up, and take a color bath. Just find out which color you need, and then enjoy bathing yourself with color!
• Meditation: Sit back and empty your mind of everything except the energy of the color you require. Breathe deeply and let the color seep in through you; one part after the other.
• Colored silks: These are applied directly onto the chakra with an imbalance, in order to provide it with the energy it needs.
• Solarized water: Take a glass of pure mineral water and wrap it with colored filter paper, using a rubber band to secure it. Cover the glass with a piece of cloth (not colored) and place the glass in sunlight to let the energy collect. After a couple of hours (or 7-8 hours in winter) the water is ready for drinking. It is best to sip the water and not down it in one go. An alternative is bathing in the solarized water, or using oils instead of water and then massaging the body.
• Color breathing: This lets color from nature enter your body. Stand outside in the grass with bare feet, and starting with red, think about the positive sides of each color. Red, orange and yellow are absorbed from the earth, green is absorbed horizontally and leaves through the back and blue, indigo and violet come from the sky above. Breathe in deeply and let the energy flow through you, and finally imagine yourself enveloped by the spectrum in its totality—white.
Wanna Play Games?
Check out our gaming section full of short but fun games based on colors, these games give you and opportunity to let your creativity flow unbounded.
Visit Gaming Section Now