How to start?
The team started out with writing a mind map based on information obtained from our survey conducted on 1001 subjects of various nationality; our document research, statistics and literature compilation from publications and websites; and from interviews and inquiry sessions with Chulalongkorn Hospital doctors.
We are proud to say that the questionnaire and survey forms and method are our own creation. The survey was conducted online via www.surveymonkey.com introduced to us by our teacher. We also sent survey forms to our peers via ThinkQuest website and they inturn forwarded the forms to friends across the globe. Over 1200 responses reached us and after screening out incomplete responses we were left with complete 1001 responses from samples in 35 countries around the world namely: Thailand, USA, China, India, Australia, England, Singapore, Canada, Indonesia, Malaysia, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Egypt, Germany, Italy, Japan, Korea, Netherlands, Pakistan, Philippines, Spain, El Salvador, Laos, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Romania, Russia, Tanzania and Turkey.
1. Tidaluck Wongsunsern MD., doctor for Chulalongkorn Hospital for medical information related to snoring and healthcare.
2. Mr.Chuan, police officer For information from the perspective of a member of the group of those aged 40 years and above facing risks associated with snoring.
3. Mrs.Meiqing, nurse For information from the perspective of a non-snorer who must share a bedroom with a snorer.
4. Mr.Ruotian, student For the information concerning the attitude of a teenager and a member of the general public towards snoring.
Images & Photographs
All the images in the “SNORE” You know what? You can die while you sleep! Website are original works by the SuperKid using Microsoft Paint, while all the photographs of our interviewees were taken with the permission of the subjects.
Free Web Tools
www.easybib.com : A website specializing in standard bibliography building tool that compiles various styles of bibliography and citations automatically from information input given to it.
www.thefreedictionary.com : An online general English dictionary and specialized dictionaries for many fields such as medical and legal. Users may opt to look up words and items in both dictionaries and various illustrated encyclopedias that are all easy to use.
www.surveymonkey.com : A website specializing in conducting surveys on a myriad of subjects. Users are only required to subscribe to the membership and then can compile different types of survey forms and questionnaires. The website then generates a direct link of the survey which the user may send to sample groups, whose responses can be checked and analyzed immediately.
Books & Websites
- Keereekanjanarong, Weerachai. Non kron. Bangkok: Moh chao barn, 2007.
- Kraimor, ed. Snoring. Bangkok: Tanaban Company, 2005
- Sleepgroup.com. Ed. PRAKOBKIAT HIRUNWIWATKUL. 2002.
Sleep-disordered Breathing Clinic. 2009 http://www.sleepgroup.com.
- Nirantarat, Chairat. Non kron. Bangkok: Health clinic, 2005.
- Bangkok hospital, Health specialist. Bangkok Health. Bangkok hospital. 30 Jan. 2009 http://www.bangkokhealth.com.
- The Snoring Center. London Snoring Centre - Home page. London Snoring Centr. 11 Feb. 2009 <http://www.londonsnoringcenter.com>.
"Snoring and Sleep Apnea Causes: The Snoring Center." The Snoring Center,
- The Nation's Leading Provider of the Pillar Procedure. The Snoring Center. 23 Dec. 2008 <http://www.snoringcenter.com/snoring-sleep-apnea.html>.
Hicks, Dr Rob. "BBC - Health - Conditions - Snoring." BBC - health - Homepage. 12 Nov. 2008 <http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/conditions/snoring1.shtml>.
Sleep Pro. 14 Mar. 2009 <http://www.sleeppro.com.au/pages/faqs.html>.
Dictionary, Encyclopedia and Thesaurus - The Free Dictionary. 30 Mar. 2009 <http://www.thefreedictionary.com>.
Leehom, Wang. "One World One Dream 王力宏." The Official Album For Beijing 2008 Olympic Games. 2008.